Friday 29 November 2013

Sichuan Palace Male, Maldives

This fine Chinese restaurant has an interesting menu and great service. The price does reflect this, as main dishes are around 120-850 MVR, that's about $8 and upwards. But let's see if the food is worth it. 
The service is definitely great. As soon as I revealed my iPhone, the waiter appeared with a little note containing the wifi code. I liked that.


This is the second time I am here. At first it seems very quiet but it can suddenly fill up with large groups sitting on the round tables with the fantastic spinning plate called 'Lazy Susan'.


I always find myself a little envious as I can only choose 2 dishes from the menu while they can share 10 different delights. This is of course a downside of a lone traveller.

Tonight I'm drinking a Chinese green tea and I am pleasantly surprised by the loose tea leaves in the pot. It's a delicate flavour with a subtle earthiness that you'd expect from a good chinese tea.
The dishes I chose are Kang Kung with Shrimp Sauce, that's water spinach to you and me.


And also Steamed Noodles with minced Chicken on Sichuan Sauce. 


It's all very good. But as suspected I realise a chinese meal should be eaten in a group. Just 2 dishes leave me wanting more. Not in quantity as there is plenty on my plates, but variety. I just love the whole sharing many dishes kind of eating. Don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...