Saturday 28 December 2013

City Garden, Male, Maldives

Now here is a lovely spot I have until now, not discovered yet. I just cannot understand how this happened. City Garden is just about the finest location on this island to sit and eat or have a coffe while watching the ongoings in the Marina.
It always amazes me how so many boats can manoeuvre around each other with such graceful ease. Being a boat owner myself, it makes me want to spend more time sailing it, rather then just being moored up in our Marina.


So the view is perfect, of course, given you get a seat on the terrace balcony, like I have today.
The food and choice of dishes on the menu are also really tempting. I have had a recommendation that the Chiili Prawns are to die for. But I chose a fish dish from the Thai Menu and some Water Spinach as a side today. 


Both were lovely as was the Lavazza Coffee afterwards. A wonderful thing in a place where no alcohol is served is that everyone drinks Tea or Coffee, so it's bound to be the finest.


I must also mention that as soon as I walked in I was warmly welcomed by the waiter, who had a friendly smile throughout. As a woman in a Muslim country, eating out alone, this was very comforting sight. City Garden is definitely top of list of restaurants in Male from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...